Middle Years Programme
IB MISSION STATEMENT
The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people by encouraging students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right. (www.ibo.org)
Ajman Academy is authorised to offer the Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) of the International Baccalaureate (IB) to Grades 6 to 8.
Teaching and learning in the MYP is underpinned by the following concepts:
- Teaching and learning in context
- Conceptual understanding
- Approaches to learning
- Service as action, through community service
- Inclusion and diversity
- STEM education in the MYP
The MYP Curriculum:
- provides flexible approaches that allow teachers to meet local and national curriculum requirements.
- builds on the knowledge and skills developed in the IB Primary Years Programme.
- incorporates rigorous learning objectives and consistent assessment criteria.
- offers opportunities for meaningful interdisciplinary teaching and learning.
- places emphasis on critical and creative thinking, social and emotional well-being, and learning how to learn as well as encouraging students to make connections between their studies in traditional subjects and the real world through six global contexts: identities and relationships, orientation in space and time, personal and cultural identity, scientific and technical innovation, globalization and sustainability and fairness and development.
- brings inquiry into human identity and global challenges that explores what it means to be internationally minded.
- involves the ongoing discovery of service as action through engagement with local and internationalcommunities.
The MYP curriculum framework comprises eight subject groups, providing a broad and balanced education: language and literature (Arabic and English), language acquisition (French and English), mathematics, science, individuals and societies, design, visual arts and physical health and education; providing a broad and balanced education for students aged 11 to 14. In addition, students in grade 8 complete the community project, which is a student centered, self-directed inquiry.
|MYP Subject Brief||Links|
|Individuals and societies||Click Here|
|Language acquisition||Click Here|
|Language and literature||Click Here|
|Physical and health education||Click Here|
We are perfectly located off the E311
Sharjah - 15 mins
Mirdiff - 20 mins
Ras Al Khaimah - 35 mins
Silicon Oasis - 25 mins